To support and empower young people to become responsible citizens
To engage youth in positive experiences that will result in social, academic,leadership and physical growth.
FNTS MOVEMENT strives to empower young people and their families to successfully achieve independence.
FNTS MOVEMENT promotes the ongoing development of collaborative partnerships with other organisations, businesses, government and the wider community.
We foster trust, acceptance and celebrate diversity in our relationships with young people and their communities.
We are honest, accountable and transparent in our work and relationships.
We recognise the importance of providing consistency and continuity of care as an organisation in our work with individuals in the youth and homelessness sectors.
We encourage and support young people to enhance their strengths, build resilience and make positive change.
1.1 DELIVER SERVICES TO MEET OUR MISSION, PURPOSE AND VALUES
- Develop a partnership strategy to support sustainable and cost-effective client-focused service provision.
- Build an evidence-base to assess and assure the quality of services.
- Involve service users and stakeholders in design and evaluation of service strategies.
- Establish clear, appropriate and consistent policy, program and delivery expectations for all the services and programs, and support staff to meet those expectations.
- Continue to implement quality assurance and reflective learning practices across the organisation.
1.2 BUILD A SUSTAINABLE ORGANISATION.
- Develop a service model that grows FNTS MOVEMENT longevity through revenue diversification, good governance and effective partnerships.
- Regularly review, evaluate and improve the operational and governance structures of the organisation.
- Identify and respond to emerging trends and opportunities in the sector to enable growth and diversity in revenue and service delivery.
1.2 BUILD AND MAINTAIN COLLABORATIVE PARTNERS.
- Develop effective relationships with partners and the wider community.
- Establish and maintain case management and brokerage working groups in the metropolitan area to improve collaborative practice.
- Ensure representation metropolitan area forums focus on youth and homelessness policy and practice.
- Participate in local events to provide opportunities for engagement with the wider community.
1.3 TO ACHIEVE SUSTAINABLE POSITIVE OUTCOMES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND THEIR COMMUNITIES.
- Develop strategic responses to issues of youth homelessness that are evidence based and deliver best practice services to young people experiencing homelessness.
- Regularly review and evaluate the organisations core business to ensure services delivered best meet the needs of young people in the homelessness sector.